Tourism Management Courses
There’s no better place to start your career - Buxton is a living case study of how tourism works.
Study tourism at the University of Derby and you’ll be based at our Buxton Campus. Situated on the edge of the Peak District, one of the busiest National Parks in the UK, and with 38,000 tourism businesses in the area, Buxton is the perfect choice to study your tourism degree with the University of Derby.
You’ll work on live case studies with our partners including the Peak District National Park and the National Trust, and be taught by experts with extensive experience in the industry, providing you with the perfect combination of commercial and academic learning that employers expect.
- Course search
- Visit us
- Order your prospectus
- What our students say
- Undergraduate study
- Postgraduate study
- Professional development and short courses
- Part-time study
- Online learning
- Study abroad
- Careers and employment
- Student fees and finance
- Student life and support
- Contact us
“The skills and confidence to pursue my own business”
“My degree taught me everything I needed to know to be an entrepreneur and it gave me the skills and confidence to pursue my own business. Since graduating with first class honours, I’ve launched Proposal Boutique, a bespoke engagement proposal planning service. I cannot thank the University of Derby enough for all my business success.”
This is Tourism Management at the University of Derby
- Our courses are accredited by the Tourism Management Institute (TMI), the leading professional body for those working in the sector, so you’ll graduate with a degree recognised and respected by the industry
- Fieldtrips in the UK and abroad, many included as part of your fee, will help you build your knowledge of the industry. Visits range from established local destinations such as the Peak District beauty spot of Dovedale and the Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Site to emerging resorts in Poland, Malta and Ireland
- Broaden your horizons by studying overseas at our partner universities in Holland, China, Hungary or Latvia.
What our Tourism Management graduates do
A degree in Tourism can take you anywhere in the world.
Career opportunities open to graduates include:
- National tourist offices
- Major tourist attractions
- Conference management
- Local government
- Tour operators.
Find out if studying at Derby is right for you at one of our Open Days: